1. Go to bed at a reasonable hour. Don’t stay up until midnight watching Red Sox games, especially when they are winning by ten runs or more.
2. Get up earlier and do more yoga.
3. Eat more fruits and vegetables. Cut out the sugar, fat, processed carbs, beer, meat, and caffeine. Drink more water and tea. But maybe one beer once in awhile is OK.
4. Exercise regularly. Ride your bike to work, if you can.
5. Tell your friends and family that you love them at least once a day.
6. Be slow to anger and quick to forgiveness.
7. Only associate with kind, loving people. Stay away from people who kill your spirit.
8. Spend some quiet time alone every day, even if it’s only fifteen minutes. Come back to yourself. Meditate. Breathe.
9. Don’t be too hard on yourself.
10. Develop your spirituality, whatever your wisdom tradition happens to be. It’s the only thing you can take with you.
11. Change is the only undeniable law of life. When you hold onto fleeting things, you suffer. Let go and be joyful.
12. Swim naked whenever possible. You know I had to throw that one in here. It feels good and it’s not hurting anyone. You may even end war in the process.